Engel TDF Rollformers
Engel TDF Rollformers model HB-1640 TDF and HB-1246 TDF have 16 and 12 forming stations respectively to produce an integral flange on straight ductwork and fittings.
- The HB-1640 machine uses 16 roll-forming stations, the competition uses only 14 stations.
- Our machine takes up 19″ less length and 7″ less width in floor space.
- There are no adjustments when going from 26 gauge to 18 gauge material; competition requires adjustments.
- The “short parts feeder”, 6″ length minimum, requires no manual adjustment and removal of machine guard when running short parts; competition does.
- We use high yield and tensile strength shafts for our tooling, turning in precision, factory manufactured, hardened inner races; competition uses hardened shafts – which are brittle and breakage is common.
- All of our gears are large 6 pitch heavy duty style. They run very quietly well below OSHA noise limits.
- All of our bearings are “off the shelf’ and available from local supply houses.
- Our machine is driven by an oil filled, sealed, gear reducer, direct coupled to the main motor and is very quiet. Competition utilizes a “V’ belt drive between the main motor and their pinion gear. This drive is noisy and exposed to damage by metal chips.
- Our roll shafts are secured by high quality, large thrust washers. Competition uses snap rings that are less secure and an eye hazard to maintenance workers.
- Our machine produces its clips in the inboard position, allowing for optional tooling on the free outboard side; either Pittsburgh, Triplex, or specials. Competition produces its clips outboard and therefore no optional tooling is possible.
- Our flange edge is turned inside the flange, eliminating a sharp edge hazard to duct installers. Competition turns their flange outside the flange where it’s sharp edge becomes a hazard to installers. As the duct is dragged off of the truck the raw edges of the TDC tend to dig into the truck floor, distorting their shape.
- The TDF corner snaps and locks into place. The Competition requires hand crimping at each end of each corner. Therefore, each joint of theirs requires 16 hand crimps.
- Competitions out-turned flange edges, especially if plasma cut, will show rust or discoloration. Our flange edge turned in, shields this condition from view.
- With all of the above advantages, our TDF System is priced lower than the competition.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.