Marvel Automatic Vertical Tilt-Frame Bandsaw
Marvel Automatic Vertical Tilt-Frame Bandsaw with Capacity 15" x 20", featuring the PC3 Control this saw includes automatic indexing, mid-duty, hydraulic, metal cutting, high-speed band saw with programmable control.
Marvel Automatic Vertical Tilt-Frame Bandsaw Features:
- Blade Drive: 5 HP electric with sensorless vector control for smooth acceleration and full torque.
- Speed Range: Infinitely variable: 60 to 400 FPM (18 to 122 m/min). Blade speed can be automatically set when material is selected.
- Tilting Column: For miter cutting up to 60o left and right of vertical. Electrically powered, chain driven, with encoder feedback and MARVEL PC3 controller.
- 0° – 3° Canted Column: Adjustable 0 or 3-degree forward approach angle, for notching, or increased efficiency in cutting of structural materials. Must specify if 0° or straight column set up is desired as the machines are by default shipped from the factory in 3° Canted Column.
- Feed Force: Direct Force Sensing Electric Ball Screw Feed which combines more consistent feed force with greater control, 0 – 300 lbs (0-1335 N), column travels on re-circulating linear ball ways. Feed pressure can be automatically set when material is selected.
- Blade: 16’ (4877 mm) long x 1.25″ (32 mm) wide, .042″ (1.07 mm). One Welded-Edge Band is furnished with each machine as part of standard Start-up supplies.
- Blade Guides: Patent pending Rotating Easy Load Combination Carbide and Ball Bearing Roller guides with self tensioning design.
- Blade Tension: Hydraulically controlled, 35,000 psi. max. (241 MPa). Machine equipped with automatic blade break / blade stall shut off switch.
- Upper Blade Guide Arm: Hydraulically positioned and locking, travels on linear guides, controlled through PC3 touch screen control.
- Vises: Hydraulic, half stroking with 6.7” (170 mm) high x 11.4” (290 mm) wide 60o faceplates. Optional variable vise pressure available. (Option Code M9A).
- Coolant System: Built-in Flood system, available with Drop Lubrication system (requires compressed air connection)(Option Codes ML1 & ML2), including chip pan with chip removal ramp (optional Manual Chip Conveyor available).
- Work-Rest Rollers: One ball bearing roller on the entry side of the machine bed.
- Flushing Hose: Washes away chips from hard-to-get-at places reducing clean-up time.
- Automatic Bar Feed: The Patented Automatic Bar Feed design features a 48” stroke length with indexing speeds of up to 70 ft./min., and creep speeds of 33 in../min. The bar feed vise is electrically driven and combines precision double ball screws with preloaded re-circulating ball linear guides, resulting in positioning accuracy of +/- .005” per index. The vise itself is hydraulically clamped to prevent material slippage. Material can also be fed through the machine manually in both directions using the shuttle vise. Optional outboard and second machine vises are available (must specify right or left hand machine configuration at the time of order – Option Codes F3 & F4).
- MARVEL PC3 PROGRAMMABLE CONTROL®: Provides a Programmable Logic Control Unit with an 8” color, touch screen display. The control features graphical part programming with memory for up to 500 jobs and parts, as well as a material selection chart and customizable material library. Both blade speed and feed force are automatically set according to material type for optimal cutting performance. Job programming consists of setting the cut-off length, angle and number of pieces to be cut. Additional features include Inch/Metric capability, out-of-stock shut down device, a fast cut job option and expanded memory storage using removable media. Also includes Jammed Blade Protection that senses resistance as the column returns and stops to prevent blade damage.
- Standard Left-to-Right Work Entry: Opposite Hand or Right-to-Left work entry available (Modification M4A).
- Main Drive: 5 H.P. (3.75 kW), Vector Duty Induction Motor TENV
- Coolant Pump: 1/8 H.P. (.1 kW), I.P. 54 Rating, totally enclosed motor built-in integrally.
- Hydraulic Pump: 2 H.P. (1.5 kW), totally enclosed fan cooled, ball bearing, system pressure 800 psi (5.5 MPa).
- Controls: IEC fused disconnect switch and magnetic motor starters with overload and low-voltage protection. Power supply provides low voltage (24 volts DC) control to all push buttons at operator’s control panel and machine lighting circuits. PLC control and drives mounted in moisture-tight compartment with vibration isolation mountings.
- Notice: This quotation is based on the assumption that the end user’s electrical power supply conforms to National Electrical Code NFPA No. 79-1997, paragraph 5.7 at the machine terminals. A copy of this paragraph is available upon request.
- Warning: Failure of the end user’s electrical supply to conform to the above standard can hinder machine performance and may require the addition of extra cost components not included with the standard machine. Repair and replacement of components damaged as a result of an inadequate power supply are not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Standard Machine Color: Machine Tool Gray
Start-up supplies included with each machine:
- Hydraulic Oil: 13 gallons (59 liters) in machine.
- Cutting Fluid: 2 gallons (8 liters) soluble oil.
- Bandsaw Blades: One (1) Welded-Edge Blade.
- Manufacturer’s Technical Data: Electronic documentation (CD) consisting of parts list, operating and maintenance instructions, installation plan, wiring, elementary electric and hydraulic diagrams, and electrical and hydraulic component list. One paper copy of electrical and hydraulic schematics will be supplied with machine.
Made in USA
|Capacity 0° Cant||Rectangles: 15″ x 20″ (381 mm x 508 mm)
Rounds: 15″ (381 mm)
|Capacity 45°||Rectangles: 15″ x 14″ (381 mm x 355 mm)
Rounds: 14″ (355 mm)
|Capacity 60°||Rectangles: 15″ x 9.25″ (381 mm x 235 mm)
Rounds: 9.25″ (235 mm)
|Capacity -45°||Rectangles: 15″ x 13.25″ (381 mm x 336 mm)
Rounds: 13.25″ (336 mm)
|Capacity -60°||Rectangles: 15″ x 8″ (381 mm x 203 mm)
Rounds: 8″ (203 mm)
|Capacity 3° Cant||Rectangles: 14.5″ x 20″ (368 mm x 508 mm)
Rounds: 14.5″ (368 mm)
|Capacity 45°||Rectangles: 14.5″ x 13.5″ (368 mm x 343 mm)
Rounds: 13.5″ (343 mm)
|Capacity 60°||Rectangles: 14.5″ x 8.75″ (368 mm x 222 mm)
Rounds: 8.75″ (222 mm)
|Capacity -45°||Rectangles: 14.5″ x 12.75″ (368 mm x 324 mm)
Rounds: 12.75″ (324 mm)
|Capacity -60°||Rectangles: 14.5″ x 7.75″ (368 mm x 197 mm)
Rounds: 7.75″ (197 mm)
|Blade Drive||5 HP|
|Speed Range||60 to 400 FPM (18 to 122 m/min)|
|Feed Force||0 – 300 lbs (0-1335 N)|
|Blade||16’ (4877 mm) long x 1.25″ (32 mm) wide, .042″ (1.07 mm)|
|Blade Tension||35,000 psi. max. (241 MPa)|
|Main Drive||5 H.P. (3.75 kW)|
|Coolant Pump||1/8 H.P. (.1 kW)|
|Hydraulic Pump||2 H.P. (1.5 kW)|
|Hydraulic Oil||13 gallons (59 liters)|
|Cutting Fluid||2 gallons (18 liters)|
Two (2) years on replacement parts
One (1) year labor
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.